Friday, January 3, 2020

standing by

waiting in the terminal
no boarding pass in hand
trying to get out of here
looking for a destination
all the lines are really long
everyone wants an attraction
they all have a ticket in hand
while I'm just standing by

free isn't what it used to be
there is always a cost
sometimes it isn't worth the price
and takes most of your time
if you want it bad enough
I believe it can be yours
it is better to have a seat confirmed
instead of standing by

finally, my name is called
I step forward to the gate
I've been bumped this whole day long
I'm tired of the pushing and shoving
as they scan my boarding pass
I enjoy the glares from others
expect delays and cancellations
when you are standing by
Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

1 comment:

Poet Destroyer said...

Hmm, interesting... is this really about waiting at the terminal??, or is there a greater meaning that meets the eye?, nicely written....