Friday, January 31, 2020

evolve

with the wind at my back, a cool breeze on my face
toe to heel, shoes click-clack as I walk about this place
I'm living this life and praying for better days
boxing up the old stuff and stowing it all away
looking for the answers to the same old questions
breathing in the dust from previous misconceptions

narrow is the road, that is paved with truth
wide is the trail that leads me to you
I listen to that voice, here deep inside of me
whispering of sweetness but it doesn't set me free
the sand holds footprints, swept clean by each new tide
and the moon that glows reflects where it resides

I yearn for something, hope that's undeterred
what a dream promises, each morning the sun blurs
still I have my reasons--why I've held on to the past
knowing deep down that it wasn't built to last
the answers to the questions, all stay unresolved
there is no gestation, when love does not evolve
Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

No comments: