Monday, April 22, 2024

neon lights

shadows rise and shadows fall and I see the reality 
clattering deep in the silence of my serenity 
tonight we lay together under the flash of neon lights 
tomorrow I am miles away, living a different lie 

I felt it in my spirit and I felt it in my soul 
what you didn't feel at all just left this gaping hole
thunder rolls and lightning flashes bright in all my dreams 
while miles away you lay there, pulling my heart strings 

like the mighty Phoenix from the ashes resurrected 
but none of the fences mended, just how you directed
that little piece of my soul, the one that you left whole 
sometimes friends, sometimes lovers the only role I know

I can be here with you, or as long as you can stay 
yesterday was just a day...long since faded away 
all of the photos taken, show us smiling in black and white 
you pick and choose, make all the rules, while I drift with the tide 

tonight we lay together under the flash of neon lights
tomorrow I am miles away, living a different lie

No comments: