Thursday, November 11, 2021

places (all true)

been to London to see the queen 
Scotland yard has nothing on me 
posed with Bobbies, rode the tube in the rain
loved the castles, wanted to stay 

been to Scotland, drove on the left side 
saw a yak grazing in the countryside 
found I'm related to the house of Bruce 
heard bagpipes and hung out at St. Andrews

been to Paris for twenty-four hours 
saw the Louvre and the Eiffel tower 
stayed at Paris Hilton then flew home 
gonna stay longer next time I go 

been to most of our capital cities 
the U.S. of A. sure is pretty 
sampled the culture in New York City 
didn't need a passport for any of these 

been to Canada loved it eh? 
some speak French but most speak English 
went to the Gardens at the Empress Hotel 
didn't have tea but it sure was swell 

been to the beach down in old Mexico 
when I'm there I don't want to come home 
the sand, the sun, the sea and tide 
the place I go to get my mind right

No comments: