Monday, June 15, 2020

senses

I still remember the way you taste
ambrosia when I lick my lips
honey sweet--inviting me
to sample and enjoy

I still remember the way you feel
your warm breath against my skin
hands that slide as we hit our stride
fulfilling each and every part

I still remember the sweet perfume
hanging heavily--permeating the room
as the sun slips from the dusky sky
and lunar light filters in

I still remember the lyrics that play
over and over in my mind
music we write to this dance we do
strumming softly in the night

I still remember the vision reflected
in every thought, in every mirror
all of these senses can not lie
or hide all of this that stays inside
Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

1 comment:

Poet Destroyer said...

a savoring heart filled write, lovely...P.D.