Friday, September 29, 2023

last call

here where your west was all but won 
you didn't ask anything, nothing at all 
on top of a mountain where you see for miles 
down to my valley where it was last call

I played it all out, a map marked for you 
from the middle of the beginning with all new false starts 
the trail had some bends that didn't get plotted
it rends just like fabric and it all falls apart

I got lost for awhile in the chambers of my heart 
couldn't find my way back into your open arms 
secure in my mind with an ego that bends 
and snaps like a twig under footsteps that harm

blind is the trail where roses are strewn 
words never whispered from love songs not heard 
insight doesn't enter, the skies remain blue
each line that was written lays North undisturbed 

here where your west was once all but won 
you didn't ask anything, I heard in my head 
on the top of a mountain top where you see for miles 
last rites are said as I bury my dead 

No comments: