Wednesday, March 22, 2023

undisturbed

I push past the reasons 
and all expectations
no comparisons or judging, 
unexpected gyrations
you do your best 
with all that is offered
while I pack my bags 
and head for the border

call me or don't, 
script it or not
don't fill me with songs, 
that you once forgot
sing from your heart 
or don't sing at all
dance with me once 
or fill my dance card

hike up the mountains 
for a much grander view
once you get there, 
there's nothing that's new
drink from your bottle 
but it won't quench the thirst
the knowledge is power 
that bruises and hurts

you thought that you loved 
and all was so easy
but it leaves you numb 
and feeling more queasy
the one that you want 
boards a plane for the coast
and there goes your heart 
with a lot of your ghosts

the one by your side 
that hangs on your word
is silently sleeping 
and lays undisturbed
your mind wanders to things 
better left unsaid
laying in piles 

No comments: