Friday, September 4, 2020

blue sky days

drafts I've posted from long ago
when all of my dreams went up in smoke
wounds inflicted by a lover
it took a long time for me to discover
that friendship can't outrun the past
where we've landed at long last

pain inflicted with my words
just in case you had not heard
I love you made you come unglued
not quite what I expected of you
passion alone didn't fit your need
you said you tried to not mislead
and that these feelings would recede

all those thoughts now are held at bay
the curtain drawn on yesterday
the silent sounds that disappear
an effort made to draw me nearer
holding closely what will stay
through months of rain and blue sky days
Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like it and I feel you J...keep it up!

Anonymous said...

You have written a touching poem in this piece!