Monday, September 25, 2023

blueprint

I thought it was all sorted
the truth from just the one
and you know I'm a sleuth
when there's work to be done
I'm reading between red lines
where clarity escapes
it seems the subjects twisted
this saga has some gaps


I think that the sweet breeze
blowing from mountains north
started way before
the band ever played our song
it doesn't really matter, 
when fragility's lost its glow  
my love doesn't have designs 
blueprint faded long ago

secure in what you have, 
secure in what you need
one holds on still strong, 
and one is hemorrhaging
one that's eyes are blind, 
one that's eyes can see
one that saw too late
an escape to set me free
Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

No comments: