Wednesday, June 10, 2020

all nighter

sometimes I go back and visit your memory
rattle the chains, remember what used to be
but the ghosts can't hold me close or kiss like you
I'm tired of these dreams and waking up feeling blue

so I pull an all nighter, stay up 'til dawn creeps in
thinkin I can get past just how it all began
but it doesn't go away, none of these ideas fade
baby, there's no pleasure in all these shades of gray

it plays over and over, always the same routine
when I fall asleep, you over take my dreams
now when I'm awake, no part of you can I shake
just what you left behind, lonely memories and this heartbreak
Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

No comments: