Monday, November 4, 2019

dreaming in color

I'm learning to dream in color again
I rest in sleep 'til the dawn creeps in
that door that opened leads to a garden
wide open views without the usual fences

the mountains purple with skies of blue
sweeping to the valley with wondrous hues
the breeze sings a song with a new tune
I know the reason--it's all you

the unanswered knocks on those old doors
millions of questions there weren't answers for
like a child's game I tallied the score
I couldn't win but went back for more

but now I dream in color again
I rest in sleep 'til the dawn creeps in
paid the piper for all past sins
removing the loss is the best revenge
Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

No comments: