Friday, January 24, 2020

first look

I got my first good look
at what I wanted it to be
what I saw spread out
as far as I could see
you couldn't see it my way
you had a different view
this was all about me
you thought it was about you

so I started tweaking
trying to reshape it
cutting some of the corners
pulling it in a bit
that changed it completely
now the only thing I saw
it was all to your benefit
no longer about me at all

I'm going back to the beginning
back to that very first look
to what I thought was perfect
like the ending in a favorite book
it needs to be about both of us
half and half is best
we each are getting what we need
forget about all the rest
Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

No comments: