Wednesday, December 8, 2010

like a good friend would

I found you lost, wandering the desert floor
hatless and shoeless, confused by lack of water
I gave you drink and soothed all I could
put your feet back on the path, pointing
you North like any good friend would

there was a time in our long ago past
things were different; I hoped more than I should
lost for awhile without exemption
a 'DNR' on a non-existent relationship
things work out or else they don't
ties that bind somehow come unwound

good things come in small little packages
everyday like Christmas when you were around
take what I give, the friendship I offer
store it like a treasure inside your heart's coffer
I gave you drink and sustenance for your soul
pointing you North like any good friend would

Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

No comments: