Saturday, August 21, 2021

not enough for me

a little bit of missing you 
goes a long, long way 
a little bit of missing your kissing 
leaves me feeling gray 
a little bit of wanting you 
makes me hungrier than you can perceive 
just a little bit of you
just isn't enough for me 

can't imagine not always 
having your love to make my day 
can't imagine the way I ache 
when we are separated 
can't imagine my heart break
or all of those old cliches' 
can't imagine how many times 
those loving moments replay 

it's only been a few hours 
but it feels like days and days 
it's too long to be without you, 
that's what my heart says 
it's too long 'til I see you, 
though it's just a few minutes away 
yeah, a little bit of missing you 
goes a long, long way 

just a little bit of you, 
just isn't enough for me no,
just a little bit of you 
will never be enough for me 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Delightful!

Anonymous said...

you are a poet after my own heart. I love your words and the creative and truthful way that you put them. I have felt them during times of doubt. They come in relationships I know...