Tuesday, December 31, 2019

the whisper of sunrise

in the whisper of sunrise
the sun through the mesquite
the promise of another day
from the breeze blowing around me

in these early morning moments
when not a murmur will be
distance grows like thick, green moss
on the north side of a tree

I put it all in perspective
with coffee on the patio
filing away the pieces of us
that I once did know

don't worry about our yesterdays
no redemption to be seen
once, what kept me wondering
no longer pesters me

wrapped in warmth around me
all that I sought from you
true and everlasting
gone, is all we knew

in the whisper of the sunrise
it is His mystical way
to open up a window
the door shuts on yesterday
Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice expression of those early morning thoughts, when it is only you.