Sunday, January 26, 2020

this path

a traveler on the path of life
a backpack full of smokey dreams
heavier as I choose the ones
that lead me to my destiny

choices always popping up
questions grow along my way
pondering, what do I do?
sometimes causing me delay

lessons learned from heartbreak
a student journeys forth
the road now smooth and signed
but different down each fork

changes in the weather
often drenched by rain
the sun comes out eventually
to dry me out again

this time, slowly, up I hike
to the hightest peak
on this trail, the here and now
that grants me what I seek
Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

While life maybe up and down, it makes for some great poetry! Em :)