Thursday, October 5, 2023

driftwood

in my fortress by the sea
I ponder thoughts washing over me
under the moon, tide’s ebb and flow
do I stay or shall I go?

one by one the answers come
just enough to keep me numb
giving what you think I need
sometimes truth will make me bleed

like driftwood washed upon my beach
footsteps left, etched very deep
no wind makes them disappear
always present, always clear

I sit here in a very tall tower
looking down on what aspires
growing like the ivy leaves
intricate is the vine that weaves

the sun comes up and warms the sand
in this never, never land
is this love that glows with day?
why does night bring doubt my way?

in this fortress by the sea
I ponder thoughts washing over me
under the moon, tide’s ebb and flow
can I stay, or do I go?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of a wake up call from the past.....wonderful....thank you