Tuesday, April 27, 2021

if

if I could find a way to hit delete
if there was lock, I would turn the key
if there was an easier way,
a quicker path
I would take it immediately

if there were no shadows
or once flowering meadows
if the silver had  tarnished
not polished to gleam
if old black and whites
had been torn and discarded
I might have felt more at ease

if there were no songs
forgotten not long
if the tune didn’t play in your memory
when I don’t know is an easy road
to protect those good old days

if there were no thoughts of any but me
if the little black book I didn’t see
if doesn’t cover the well used pillow
of dances not ever quite complete

if I could read your mind
what would I find
what else is there I don’t know
what will I discover shrouded
there undercover… just
waiting to rain down on me

2 comments:

TAH said...

"enjoyed reading this....have a nice weekend..

Anonymous said...

"Very Good. I tend to be that way, you see. The easy way out without a doubt, has eased my mind many a time. But the down side shows as everyone knows, and everyone sees the wimp in me."