Sunday, August 11, 2019

about me

some would say that I'm aloof
remaining silently detached
some things I've said
or things I've done
I wish I could retract

lightning blazes across dark sky
silver linings sometime fray
thunder shakes the atmosphere
before it starts a drenching rain

they follow me on facebook
on twitter they subscribe
they read my every thought and word
to see what's on my mind

poetry that often flows
bitter are some lines
haiku express with shorten verbs
of  other fun filled times

I used to read into every verse
looking for mentions of me
I should have known indifference
would cause the wounds to bleed

follow me in confusion
I know the only truth
what I pen, beginning to end
is more about me than you
Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very good. I like your sense of self and humor.