Thursday, March 25, 2021

free day

I sped past some and never stopped
didn’t slow down or take a look
others had me riding the clutch
they gave less than all they took

the highway curved and I hit bumps
couldn’t see around the turns
dense, green trees and mountains tall
on and on as my life churned

tried to put it in perspective
same old thoughts and vivid dreams
a faceless man without a care
who lived to edit plotted schemes

photo enforcement snapped a shot
ticketed me by US mail
said if I don’t pay the fine
they would send my butt to jail

when I look back on our red past
short in nature, blue in hue
you don’t miss what you don’t have
it all starts and ends with you

just because I don’t write more
doesn’t mean I’ve less to say
poems burn hot inside my brain
for me to blog on a free day

1 comment:

Sara said...

"Great flow and rhyme in this one..Enjoyed the topic and ending.."