Monday, November 18, 2019

nothing looks better

I put the magazine down
gave the guide a look
read another chapter
in a very long book
the days are long
and nights are worse
a dreamless sleep
my insomniac curse

drank a pot of coffee
all here by myself
wiped down all the counters
cleaned off a few shelves
then I went to work
put in a very long day
there's just is no fun
when you've gone away

finally got my hair cut
had lunch with some friends
it fills up the hours
but the time never ends
I then did some shopping
tried on stuff in blue
but nothing does look better
better on me than you
Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Missing a significant other can certainly cause everything you list -- and the rhythmic muted musicality of your piece seems just right for your subject matter. Good work."