Monday, August 23, 2021

the only feeling

memories come back and they may find me
they don't shine as bright
not like the ones we make today
what once meant something means nothing at all

I'd be lying if I said it didn't mean a thing
it'd be a sin to say it wasn't so
high above what once could have been
on a mountain cloud is where I drift

I'll take being with you a minute in time
over what fades in and out of my head
I'll take stars in your eyes over any moon phase
what we have now is the only place for me

today and tomorrow is what glows brightly
no shadows stretch across this feeling
loving and being loved by you
the only feeling I ever need
Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

No comments: