Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Taurus

I get a call and baby's out fishing
ADT says there's something fishy
I told the girl that I'm on my way
this is not what I needed to end my day

no windows broken, no doors unlocked
I creep in, take the Taurus from the box
I check the whole house by myself
all looks good, just like it was left

I answer the door, it is the cops
I said I'm armed and I'm not in shock
I'm putting it down cause I see his car
he's just there to protect me from harm

I check every closet, ever single nook
I'm making sure that there is no crooks
ready to shoot, loaded for bear
hollow points loaded to protect my lair

all is good, there isn't any perp
I pour some wine after I take another look
climb in the spa, it's been a long day
I'm not going to put the Taurus away!!!
Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

No comments: