Tuesday, September 3, 2019

a forked trail

the trail forked--you dropped my hand
not part of life, but destiny stepped in
in cold storage a bleeding heart sat
and I was thinking "what's up with that"

walking in pine, soaking up sun
before I know, the moon comes up
I'm cold and tired--my soul is blue
I glance forward--my eyes see you

so many paths I could have roamed
leading me farther and farther from home
from this crest, I can see for miles
your brows furrow, but your mouth smiles

time speeds on like a bullet train
I'm reading the rhymes from each refrain
put to music, it's a country song
of all the rights and all the wrongs

I still read but I write less
poetry was always when I digressed
my blog grows dust and twitter does too
cause I have nothing to compose for you
Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

No comments: