Monday, September 11, 2023

till we die

if I could see beyond today
past the hurt that I still save
the future in a crystal ball
past the portraits in your hall

in every corner past all the dust
going for broke--do or bust
ghosts scream incessantly in my ear
I listen to them voice all of my fears

on two wheels I round the bend
is it a beginning or nearing the end?
a trophy sits, high on the shelf
winning more than anything else

I want it all and I won't share
talking just won't get me there
yelling hush, you kiss my lips
my hands stay firmly on my hips

hidden deep inside a box
all the secrets stay there locked
till you forget and walk away
none there are in a safe place

I read them all, each and every one
from when we started--it wasn't fun
denial is such an ugly truth
in black and white they lie to you

once again, I hide all pain
till I think I'm going insane
it means nothing--words inside
meant to stay there till we die
Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

No comments: