Wednesday, June 17, 2020

in the dust

I jumped the hurdles, one and all
some were big and some were small
in the dust, I watched them fall
with all their pretty little flaws

up I went, I climbed the tower
you sent pictures of many flowers
I stood close, it seemed like hours
hanging on when all seemed dour

I still check now and again
window open so I sneak in
it is not a mortal sin
this is how it all begins

disingenuous was their game
we only had our self to blame  
with a match, you set my flame
one more victory to my name

I didn't think I'd come this far
you sing sweet with no guitar
hand in hand we leave the bar
hugging close, we reached my car

three years come and three years gone
it really never seemed this long
we play, on and on and on
I changed the tempo, not the song
Creative Commons License
IPoetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

No comments: