Thursday, June 25, 2020

how can I tell you?


there in your album
smiling on a page
the ghost of all the others
that leave me so outraged
those you say meant nothing
not worthy of your love
sitting tight and waiting
for a wink or a brief nod

trust is just not given
it needs to be well earned
it mixes in the metaphors
and quietly there it burns 
if they are your past
those limbs upon a tree
they just don't belong here
with you and now with me

I can't find the words to tell you
I don't know what to say

those you say meant nothing
still sitting there at bay
wondering and watching
the truth has many doubts
bless the crying angel
insecurities shall win out
Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

No comments: