Monday, April 26, 2021

against the odds

I took it slow, no need to rush
over the crowd, there grew a hush
most of them betting against the laud
thinking me just another fraud

never one to show much grace
no hint of smile upon my face
serious 'bout what I had to do
to capture all there was of you

nothing was gonna hold me back
reeling in the length of slack
never fighting the hook that caught
not one action was for naught

not an option, not a game
nor a trophy with some fame
the only prize for which I called
in it for a very long haul

leaving all the rest behind
they could not see, they were too blind
but you saw right off from the start
looking deep into my heart
Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

No comments: