Friday, September 17, 2021

forever ties

not always truthful
hedging your bet?
what you give is
what you'll get
a little sugar
goes with the lie
that's not the pull
to forever ties

I'd rather you say
I think, I'll check
then brush it off
that dusty speck
I'd rather know
then have to guess
at what is now
and not regress

I know you
your sordid past
all the heartache
you amassed
still you bring it
home to roost
you never learned
what it induced

problems brought
upon yourself
all dusty from
that nasty shelf
haunt me as the hours fly
as I don my wits
to get me by

if you leave it 
lying around
eventually,
it will be found
hurt with truth
and with its pain
nothing lost
is everything
gained
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

No comments: