Monday, September 6, 2021

coffee and dawn

I gave you all and then gave more
hoping and loving was no chore
I did it gladly, or so I thought
I shouldn't have invested
or heavily bought

putting my wants in the back of the mind
going for broke and running blind
shouldn't have worn my heart on a sleeve
knowing you would go or I would leave

once in awhile when the moon is right
I sit pensive here at night
I'm the one that left so quick
before the feelings got too thick

things look different in morning light
coffee and dawn without the blight
I surprised you after all
left at the first signs of fall

you will say, "she will be back"
there is nothing that I lack
you didn't know me all that well
what you saw would soon foretell
Creative Commons License

Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

No comments: