Monday, June 21, 2021

someone

I moved on to greener pastures
that stretch for miles and miles
sun shines bright upon my days
nighttime makes me smile
no longer blue, no hidden hues
that creep into my soul
you may not understand this
but he has made me whole

no longer do I fit in
that little, tiny peg
more to me than meets the eye
an overflowing keg
if you had looked much deeper
if it wasn't all about you
all that I presented
was God's almighty truth

someone saw the light in me
how brightly it does shine
someone saw the love in me
and knew it wasn't a line
someone wanted everything
all that I could give
someone gives it back to me
here, where I now live
Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

No comments: