Tuesday, July 6, 2021

sympathy for the devil

no sympathy for the devil
though once an angel too
oh the heartache that he caused me
the misery I went through
the pain of separation
thought each time the last
but like the celestial boomerang
he just kept coming back

I turned and strolled away from him
I tried to turn him off
I'd start feeling loneliness
and head back to the trough
filling my head with nonsense
sometimes it even rhymed
reading myself into it
each and every time

no, sympathy I won't give you
morality was my fate
it's not that I don't like you
or border as far as hate
it's just that in the morning
that mirror where I look
is tired of knowing sadness
from that rhyming re-read book
Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

No comments: