Monday, September 20, 2021

broken dreams

so many thoughts in this crowded mind
things that are present or lagging behind
you might just think, that I've been blind
but I wasn't hooked or to one confined

cast my net far upon the vast sea
so little caught up there inside of thee
some of that caused me much misery
and some remains a plaguing mystery

if you could have changed the way you think
so many wishes in my cup clinked
not worth the effort or even the ink
I was gone faster than you could blink

never one to let go of things
all of your wishes seemed to sprout wings
except for me, not there on your string
no broken heart, just broken dreams
Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

No comments: