Sunday, December 10, 2023

useless things

in the corner or under the bed
that very place I lay my head
the day is done and out goes the light
things go bumping in my night

I thought I had them all at bay
thoughts I manage during the day
but out they wander one by one
those ideas I thought once fun

comes the dawn and there they go
back in the corner like dirty clothes
shaking the sleepiness from my head
tossed and turned from thoughts well read

grab the coffee and fill my cup
it's still early, I'm the only one up
looking at you still fast asleep
dreams seem real but talk ain't cheap

wondering if you have those thoughts
of all the ones that are now lost
deep in memories that can't come out
I wish they'd dry up like a drought

it's not that I would ever go back
or run to you with all you lacked
times are better but still I think
of you sometimes and useless things
Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

No comments: