Sunday, March 5, 2023

moldy stuff

deep within the things that I hold
stay there forever, and sometimes mold
in contemplation, complexities lay
part of who I am on this day

way, way down where no light can shine
too much salt in an 8 hour brine
don't stir too much, a little will do
that's what I felt, when I was with you

standing on one leg, ready to tip
what did the job, was a kiss from your lips
not so much filling, as a minuscule snack
that will leave me hungry long 'fore I get back

but I digress, water under a bridge
that looks far off when I stand on the ridge
turning my back, I start the trek down
hoping all this shit will eventually drown
Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

No comments: