Tuesday, December 28, 2021

overload

once again I drew a line
you stepped over every time
this time thick indelible ink
so much stronger than you might think

not to wander to the past
there was none when I look back
you thought that I would hang around
hovering ever in your background

I tried to make it perfectly clear
but you heard what you wanted to hear
thinking this is all about you
another time of making me blue

you are wrong, it's all about me
finely getting the things I need
not put last or a sideline query
all those things that made me weary

you go your way, I'll go mine
and yes each passage needs to rhyme
it's not a song, more of an ode
from a mind on overload
Creative Commons LicensePoetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

No comments: