Tuesday, September 5, 2023

withdrawn

the effort put forth, a little too much
I did it though, to keep you in touch
thought you should know and you would care
but it settled in without her there

a little to calm, acknowledgement noted
no pain rendered, or sympathy spoken
I guess I expected a somber retreat
but you carried on without missing a beat

was it all in my head, that thing that was there?
did you really not want it or just didn't care?
in heavy thoughts always swimming to light
here in the morning and there late at night

I guess I won't know, I can put it aside
it really doesn't matter, it seems to have died
there it was yesterday, but now it is gone
physically taken, the memories withdrawn
Creative Commons LicensePoetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

No comments: