Thursday, June 6, 2019

buried in a phrase

what I say, or what I think
isn't always placed in ink
on these pages of my thoughts
the remedies for all I sought

in the  silent, empty spaces
where my thoughts leave reverent traces
another place sought without with time
when love grew luscious on a vine

what you buried in a phrase
amused many with glasses raised
and me who thought I knew it all
hung up on lines while deep enthralled

a circle, blind, 'neath blazing sun
where my heart came so undone
all you tried, to hold me fast
nothing like that ever lasts

a sea of faces, you seek mine
I'm not there, I think you'll find
but snug and happy here at home
where my love has ceased to roam
Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

No comments: