Friday, October 12, 2018

blue moon

I found all I was looking for
ain't nothing to do with you
or the songs you sang for me
when the moon was blue
yes, cutting all the losses
fed to the pigs like slop
a little commiseration
and vexation's all it brought

I couldn't make you understand
the things that I looked for
thought it'd be the last time
each time you hit the door
always reappearing
like a tarnished penny
nothing to do with longing
or wishes that were many

you knew where you were headed
I was along for a ride
thought there was time for moments
to last me my whole life
once again you proved it
the let down feeling returned
you struck a match in anger
when that short bridge you burned
Creative Commons License

Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

No comments: