Monday, January 14, 2019

my heart

my heart's been broken and badly bruised
always bouncing back, that's what I do
pulled the stops and went for broke
never penniless, there's always hope

under the stars and crescent moon
the many long nights I waited for you
but you had problems of your own
despite the sword you kept well honed

Que serĂ¡, serĂ¡, what was to be
I searched for you and you for me
when the time was right, it finally came
love long lost, beseeches the game

I knew fast, you lagged along
not sure I was singing your song
the longer you stayed, the doubt did slip
with my" can do" style, and razor wit

those doubtful days are packed away
when love did come it came to stay
happiness the future told
it desert heat or winter's cold
Creative Commons LicensePoetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

No comments: