Friday, June 16, 2023

belong

I call you and you take on airs
pretending that you just don't care
writing songs with usual flair
mine songs laying my soul bare

you talk of things pertaining to you
asking what you're supposed to do
hours took wings and away they flew
same old shit, ain't nothing new

I interject to talk about me
but of course, it's not to be
nothing here you care to see
or anything that you believe

I pull the cord and watch you go
dragging your feet in knee deep snow
I think you took to leaving slow
the desert winds begin to blow

you are here, but I am gone
no longer listening to your songs
I packed your stuff cause we were wrong
here is where you don't belong
Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

No comments: