Saturday, March 16, 2024

fading years

I'm selling off the boxes
from all the fading years
I think they are completely dry
although once packed with tears
the prophet, there is nodding
at all here on display
no one seems to be buying
the dreams of yesterday

"is this all that you have now?
you've nothing left inside?"
if it's not there I'm keeping
the stuff held in my stride
maybe you can work this
into an intricate piece
selling it at auction
where your dollar will increase

he said "no one will buy it
it looks so beat and worn
I'm sure that you once loved it
before it was all torn"
he said "you should keep this,
and what it represents"
I thought, you are crazy
that time was not well spent
Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

No comments: