Thursday, April 25, 2024

one more chance

I don't know where your mind was
maybe you came to your senses
see what the fuss is all about
deciding you should take a risk 

the boat is pushing back from shore 
you're running down the pier
the gang plank is pulled back now
one more chance missed here

I can see you standing there 
my hair blowing in the breeze 
shading my eyes from the sun
one tear slips down my cheek 

the things we thought we wanted
like waves hitting on the shore 
and I can barely see you now
but I wave to you once more
 
while we both were searching 
wading that river of doubt 
it was so easy to fall into 
so much harder to get out
 
I left without a compass 
using the sun is the best guide 
and I can barely see you 
but I wave for the last time
Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

No comments: