Tuesday, May 21, 2024

worry

your blue eyes troubled
the worry lines deep
the past lays mounded,
deep at my feet
I try so hard
to clear the air
the more I say
adds more despair

what is is that
you need me to say
to remove the stress
put all at bay
I tell the truth
but you have doubts
I don't understand
what this is about

a troubled girl
even as a child
letting loose the fury
inside laying piled
be soothed my girl
I'll tell all I know
answering truthfully
to waylay the load

have I done more harm
than adding what's good?
did I interject
more than I should?
did I make you smile
more than make you cry?
did I not love enough?
please tell me why!
Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

No comments: