Thursday, March 12, 2020

A Coffee Prayer

Don’t like the way we left things
Hurting on both sides
When you stormed out last evening
Slamming the door on my pride

Thought about the things you said
While I was trying to sleep
Removed the bitterness from your words
Although they touched so deep

I’m sorry that you feel that way
But some things I can’t change
Like a cat that can not have new spots
Some things can’t be rearranged

Please accept me just like this
I offer you what I can
I can’t give you more than that
It’s just the way I am

Now it is a new day
And I’m thinking about you
Our history together
And what I need to do

And as I make my coffee
I say a prayer or two
One is for our future
The other, just for you
Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

No comments: