Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Quiet Solitude

In the early evening
After all the work is done
We spend some time together
And watch the setting sun

Sitting on the terrace
Just my love and me
Content in quite solitude
As we watch the rolling sea

Sitting here together
His arm around me tight
Embracing all we see and feel
Under stars that light the night

No place that we would rather be
No place we need to go
We’ll sit here for hours
As our passion grows

The sea and you and all the stars
Are all I’ll ever need
My heart and soul are so content
My mind at last at ease

Let’s stay here forever
Loving, secure, serene
In this beach house by the sea
Just my love and me
Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

No comments: