Thursday, February 6, 2020

breached

somewhere deep between darkness and light
I lost my way in the evening's twilight
I can't remember when I've been this cold
across this valley where it was foretold

I shield my eyes, with both of my hands
reach across this desert where there's nothing but sand
I look across the borders searching far and wide
across this valley to the inside of my mind

I can see the light that's breaking through the leaves
and the harder it gets, the more I believe
over the barricades and trenches I climb
across this valley to inside my decline

the things I've lost there somewhere in time
I’ve stared down honor, saw its surprise
the reasons and the rhymes I still deny
across this valley where my soul wanders blind

chaos reigns when the order gets tossed
and my only crime is the time I've lost
the distance is there but no limits do I reach
across this valley where my heart was breached
Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

No comments: