Thursday, June 27, 2019

Circles

The forest is so dense here
No light can get through
Been wandering in circles
I’m lost and I’m confused

Can’t see the way that brought me in
Can’t see a way to get back
The eeriness is frightening
I’m way off the beaten path

Don’t know if it is day or night
Can’t see a sun or moon
Don’t know if it is midnight
Or if it is high noon

Got to keep on going
Won’t quit until I drop
I’m not staying in here
There’s no way I will stop

My legs are scratched and bleeding
From the bramble and the briars
Feels like I’ve been here for weeks
Instead of several hours

Surely they will search for me
Surely someone cares
Surely someone will miss me
And realize I’m not there

Up ahead I see a flash
My name I hear him call
Someone came to rescue me
Someone cares after all
Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

some circles confuse
some circles delight
some circles make dizzy
some create insight
some circles heal
some circles have renown
the beast circles are really
left, right, up and down