Saturday, April 11, 2020

Daughter

We fight, like kids
I’m on your level in a heartbeat
It’s was always like this

I have more experience
I have been where you are
I know how you feel

Why do you ask
If you don’t want to know
If you don’t want an answer

Let me protect you
Help you through this
Do my job

Where you are concerned
I want what’s best
I can’t turn my head, my heart

You manipulate, and avoid
That is what you always do
I know this about you, always have

You always want to run
Take the easy way out
Give in and give up

I won’t let you this time
I can’t do it this time
Don't ask me to

So I push and I push hard
Just like when you were little
That daughter, will never change
Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

1 comment:

JS77 said...

wonderful poem...