Friday, August 7, 2020

That Side Of Hell

There are secrets buried in darkness
Some things I’ve buried deep
Things that I’ve told no one
Things I have to keep

A cavernous place inside my soul
Where secrets try to swim to the top
But I can turn my mind off
When I need to make them stop

No one will I tell them to
With no one will I share
The abyss of fear and old ghosts
That haunts and causes despair

The façade I’ve built is very strong
Constructed with truth and light
So opaque that no one will see through
These thoughts that keep me up nights

I keep a lock on that dark place
Push it deep where it belongs
I’ve come to terms with that side of hell
Once I was able to move on
Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just loved this poem with all of its tangible aspects